LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's lacrosse team won 16-2 over visiting Southern Vermont College on Thursday afternoon in the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) semifinals at Alumni Field on the campus of Becker College in Leicester. With the victory, the top-seeded Hawks of Becker advance to the NECC Championship Finals for the first time since the 2014 season.
May 2, 2019
Alumni Field, Leicester, Mass.
Score: #1 Becker 16, #4 Southern Vermont 2
Records: The Hawks of Becker 13-1 | The Mountaineers of Southern Vermont 4-10
FOR THE HAWKS
• Becker freshman attacker Julia Ravenelle (Barrington, N.H. / Oyster River) led the Hawks with five goals, four caused turnovers and three ground balls.
• Freshman attacker Clare Conway (Billerica, Mass. / Billerica Memorial), the 2019 NECC Rookie of the Year, setup the offense with six assists, matching a career high. The rookie also tallied two ground balls and one caused turnover.
• Sophomore attacker Arianna Calouro (East Providence, R.I. / East Providence) recorded three goals and three ground balls for Becker.
• Freshman attacker Shannon Siclari (West Haven, Conn. / West Haven) posted a hat trick for a career-high three goals to go along with three ground balls and three caused turnovers.
• Junior defender Samantha Carter (Boothbay Harbor, Maine / Boothbay Region) led the Becker defense with six caused turnovers and nine ground balls, both season highs for the team captain. Carter also took control on the offensive end with two goals and an assist.
• Freshman defender Kylian Kelly (Shrewsbury, Mass. / Shrewsbury) set a Becker single season record for caused turnovers with three on the day to give her 48 on the season, surpassing the previous record of 45. She also posted five draw controls and four ground balls.
• Junior midfielder Cassandra Nelson (Exeter, N.H. / Exeter) finished with one goal and one assist with five draw controls.
• Sophomore attacker Kayla Hanley (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) had one goal, one assist, two caused turnovers and two ground balls.
• Senior goalkeeper Nikolle Storey (Cumberland, Maine / Kents Hill) recorded six saves in net with a .750 save percentage.
• The Hawks conclude their all-time series with the Mountaineers with a 4-3 record.
FOR THE MOUNTAINEERS
• Sophomore midfielder Alex Safford (Burnt Hills, N.Y. / Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake) had Southern Vermont's first goal of the game to go along with three draw controls and two ground balls.
• Senior midfielder Vanessa Kendall (Coventry, Conn. / Coventry) scored the final goal in Southern Vermont history off a free-position attempt with 23 seconds left.
• Senior goalkeeper Sydnee Julian (Mexico, N.Y. / Mexico) stopped 12 shots for the Mountaineers.
The Hawks will host the NECC Championship Finals on Saturday, May 4th when they face the winner of the New England College / Elms College semifinal. Game time is set for 3:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics