LEICESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's lacrosse team won 20-3 over Northern Vermont University - Lyndon on Thursday evening at Alumni Field on the campus of Becker College in Leicester.
April 11, 2019
Alumni Field, Leicester, Mass.
Score: Becker 20, NVU Lyndon 3
Records: The Hawks of Becker 8-1 | The Hornets of Lyndon 0-7
FOR THE HAWKS
• Becker senior attacker Samantha D'Auteuil (Columbia, Conn. / Bolton) posted her first career hat trick with three goals, along with one assist.
• Freshman attacker Julia Ravenelle (Barrington, N.H. / Oyster River) posted two goals with two assists, as did sophomore attacker Arianna Calouro (East Providence, R.I. / East Providence). Ravenelle's defensive efforts included six ground balls and four caused turnovers.
• Junior midfielder Cassandra Nelson (Exeter, N.H. / Exeter) and freshman attackers Shannon Siclari (West Haven, Conn. / West Haven) and Briana Lancia (Cheshire, Mass. / Hoosac Valley) each scored two goals each.
• Freshman attacker Clare Conway (Billerica, Mass. / Billerica Memorial), last week's NECC Rookie of the Week, finished with one goal and two assists.
• Goals were also scored by senior defender Julia Johnson (Littleton, Colo. / Chatfield), sophomore attacker Kayla Hanley (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin), sophomore defender Rebecca Maloy (Vergennes, Vt. / Vergennes Union), sophomore defender Katherine Capobianco (North Andover, Mass. / North Andover), sophomore attacker Emma Schoenbeck (Gorham, N.H. / Gorham) and junior midfielder Samantha Carter (Boothbay Harbor, Maine / Boothbay Region). For Johnson and Schoenbeck, it was their first career goals.
• Freshman defender Kylian Kelly (Shrewsbury, Mass. / Shrewsbury) continued to dominate on defense, tallying 11 ground balls and five caused turnovers, both game-highs.
• Senior goalkeeper Nikolle Storey (Cumberland, Maine / Kents Hill) picked up the win, recording two saves.
FOR THE HORNETS
• Senior attacker Felisha Olmstead (St. Johnsbury, Vt.), junior attacker Bayla Stewart (Newport, Vt.) and sophomore defender Tori McCormack (East Lyme, Conn.) each scored for NVU Lyndon.
• Sophomore goalie Zoe Pierce-Olhson (Gales Ferry, Conn.) tallied 16 saves in net.
Prior to the game, the Becker College athletics department and the women's lacrosse program recognized the outstanding senior class of this year's team as part as Senior Night. Storey, D'Auteuil and Johnson were honored by coaches, family members and fans for their incredible accomplishments with the Hawks, culminating in this year's 7-1 record, the best start to a season in the history of the program. Each of these three young women have made incredible contributions not only on the field but for the entire Becker community as a whole. Although their playing careers may be coming to an end, they will forever be part of the Hawks family.
The Hawks travel to New England College on Saturday for a 12:00 p.m. contest. The Hornets host the University of Maine Farmington in their next game, that coming on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics