WORCESTER, Mass. --- The Becker College women's ice hockey team lost 4-0 to visiting University of New England (UNE) in Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) play on Saturday night at the Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center in Worcester.
November 3, 2018
Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center, Worcester
Score: UNE 4, Becker 0
Records: UNE (3-0, 2-0 CHC) | Becker (0-4, 0-2 CHC)
• The first period was scoreless until a power play with 7:21 to go gave UNE the opportunity it needed when sophomore defender Shannon Nadeau (Colchester, Vt. / Rice Prep School) scored to give the Nor'easters the 1-0 lead, assisted by junior forward Tatum Gietl (Littleton, Colo. / Northwood School) and freshman forward Kenady Nevicosi (Breckenridge, Colo. / Northern Cyclones).
• The first intermission would begin with UNE still leading 1-0.
• Shots in the first period were 14-4 in favor of UNE.
• Just 29 seconds into the second, UNE would add to their lead off a breakaway goal from sophomore forward Kyra Yu (Ogden, Utah / Rice Prep School), assisted by Nevicosi. The Nor'easters took a 2-0 advantage.
• The second period ended with the Nor'easters leading 2-0.
• Shots were 21-7 in favor of UNE in the second.
• 5:03 into the third period, it was UNE freshman forward Bella Crugnale (Pittsburgh, Pa. / Pittsburgh Penguins Elite) assisted by freshman defender Elizabeth Walsh (Keene, N.H. / East Coast Wizards) as the visitors took a commanding 3-0 lead.
• Finally, with 10:39 to go in the game, UNE senior forward Julianne Sheehan (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) made it 4-0 off an assist from sophomore forward Jessie Scott (Barre, Vt. / Vermont Shamrocks)
• Shots were 13-9 in favor of UNE in the third.
BY THE NUMBERS
• UNE sophomore goalie Julia Benjamin (Tolland, Conn. / Loomis Chaffee School) picked up the win and the shutout with 20 saves.
• Becker senior goalkeeper Julia Johnson (Littleton, Colo. / Walpole Express) finished the night with 44 saves and a .916 save percentage.
• In a statistical oddity, Becker and UNE skated to a 4-0 Nor'easter victory the night before.
• Becker senior forward Bailey Coons (Casper, Wyo. / Team Wyoming) finished with a team-high seven shots.
• Total shots were 48-20 in favor of the Nor'easters.
• UNE went 1-for-8 on the power play while Becker was 0-for-6.
The Hawks are back in action on Friday at Suffolk University. The puck drop is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. The Nor'easters travel to Endicott College in their next game, that coming this Friday at 7:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics