DANBURY, Conn. --- The Becker College men's soccer team saw their 2019 season come to a conclusion on Wednesday evening with a 5-0 loss at Western Connecticut State in Danbury, Connecticut.
October 30, 2019
Alumni Field, Leicester, Mass.
Score: Western Connecticut State 5, Becker 0
Records: The Colonials of Western Connecticut State 13-4-1 | The Hawks of Becker 1-17-1
FOR THE HAWKS
- Becker sophomore goalkeeper Tyler Marzocchi (North Providence, R.I. / North Providence) got the start in net, finishing with six saves.
- Becker junior goalkeeper Sam Majewski (Warren, Mass. / Quaboag Regional Middle) played the second half for the Hawks, tallying four stops.
- Becker senior midfielder Matthew Hillsberg (Burlington, Conn. / Lewis S. Mills) finished his career with the Hawks with two shots including one on-goal.
FOR THE COLONIALS
- WesConn junior forward Mickey Sciortino (Shelton, CT) put the hosts on the scoreboard just 1:37 into the contest when he headed home a pass from Ranno.
- Before the first half would end, the Colonials would tack on four more goals.
- Freshman Kent Eannarino (Brookfield, CT) scored his third career goal, an unassisted tally inside the 22nd minute.
- Just inside the 28th minute Matheus Mascimento (Bridgeport, CT) netted his first goal of the year, also without the aid of an assist.
- Rounding out the first half's scoring was freshman Mark Tricarico (Hopewell Junction, NY). He registered is first career goal with 5:57 remaining before the break.
- Freshman Robert Sam (East Hartford, CT) closed out the night's scoring when he finished off a helper from Chriss Sari (Danbury, CT) with 2:31 remaining in the contest.
With the result, Becker sees its season come to an end. Congratulations to the whole team on the conclusion of their season.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics