CANTON, Mass. – A four-goal first period for the Curry Colonels, including three goals in 3:10, lifted the Colonels to a 6-1 win over the Becker Hawks on Friday night in Commonwealth Coast Conference play.
November 15, 2019
Canton Ice House
Score: Curry 6 – Becker 1
Records: The Becker College Hawks 1-4-0 (0-3-0 CCC) | The Curry College Colonels 4-1-0 (2-1-0 CCC)
The Hawks were on the board first just 1:06 into the game on the first career goal for freshman Ian Zaleski (Boise, Idaho).
Wild's shot was initially stopped by Curry's senior goalie Justin Ketola (Cloquet, Minn.) but Zaleski found the rebound and chipped it over the shoulder of Ketola, giving Becker an early 1-0 lead.
Curry sophomore Alex Ochterbeck (Dallas, Texas) tied the game 1-1 at 4:09, knocking home a rebound off a shot from sophomore Nick Magill-Diaz (Troy, Mich.).
The Colonels three-goals in 3:10 began in the middle of the period at 12:07 on the first goal of the season by senior Billy Vizzo (Shelton, Conn.), giving Curry a 2-1 lead.
At 14:32, Magill-Diaz netted his third goal of the season, a power-play goal that put Curry up 3-1. Sophomore Kalle Sundell (Helsinki, Finland) added a goal just 45 second later, which gave Curry a 4-1 lead.
The Colonels would add one goal each in the second and third periods in the 6-1 victory.
FOR THE HAWKS
- Wild's assist gives him a team-high four on the season. He's also up to a team-high six points through five games.
- For Diamond, he's up to three assists and five points this season.
FOR THE COLONELS
- Magill-Diaz, Sundell, and sophomore Tarek Paranica (Grand Forks, N.D.) each finished with one goal and one assist.
- Magill-Diaz finished with a game-best +4 rating.
- Ketola finished with 18 saves, improving to 4-1-0 this season.
The Hawks and Colonels finish a home-and-home series on Saturday evening at the Worcester Ice Center. Puck drop is set for 6:20 p.m. tomorrow night.