NORTH ADAMS, Mass. --- Becker junior forward Guney Kilitcioglu (Istanbul, Turkey / The Koc School) buried two free throws with two seconds left to lead the Becker College men's basketball team to a 71-70 victory at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) on Saturday afternoon at the Amsler CC Gymnasium in North Adams, Massachusetts.
November 23, 2019
Amsler CC Gymnasium, North Adams, Massachusetts
Score: Becker 71, MCLA 70
Records: The Hawks of Becker 3-4 | The Trailblazers of MCLA 3-3
FOR THE HAWKS OF BECKER
- Kilitcioglu led the Hawks with a career-high 18 points, shooting four-of-five from the floor and nine-of-nine from the free throw line. The junior-transfer also pulled down five rebounds and added two steals in the effort.
- Junior forward Mateus Ribeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil / Colegio Pedroso e Oliveira) posted 15 points and 11 rebounds on the day. It was Ribeiro's fourth double-double through just seven games this season.
- Junior forward Jamir Carr (Philadelphia, Penn. / Universal Audenried) filled the stat line with nine points, five rebounds, four assists and a steal.
- Freshman forward Terrance Edwards (New Haven, Conn. / New Haven Academy) came off the bench to score eight points with five rebounds.
FOR THE TRAILBLAZERS OF MCLA
- MCLA junior guard Noah Yearsley (Averill Park, N.Y. / Averill Park) led the Trailblazers with 21 points, shooting five-of-eight from behind the arc.
- Senior guard Antoine Montgomery (Boston, Mass. / Hyde School) contributed 13 points for the home team, with three rebounds and two assists.
- Freshman forward Quentin Gittens (Pittsfield, Mass. / Taconic) came off the bench to record a double-double with 12 points and 11 boards.
- Collectively, MCLA shot 50 percent from the three-point line.
- Becker went up by as much as eight in the second half, only to watch MCLA chip away at the lead, using an 11-2 run to surge ahead with a 66-62 lead with 4:30 remaining. With 1:39 left, Carr buried a three-pointer to put the Hawks up by one. The Trailblazers were unwilling to go away, as with 16 seconds left, Yearsley hit a layup to put MCLA back up by one. After an MCLA timeout, Kilitcioglu drew the foul with just two seconds left, setting up his heroics at the free-throw line.
The Hawks are back on the court on Monday when they travel to Fitchburg State for a 6:00 p.m. game against the cross-county rival Falcons. The Trailblazers host Williams College on Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics