FRANKLIN, Mass. – Katherine Bernier (Dudley, Mass.) logged a hat-trick as the Becker College field hockey team shutout Dean 10-0 on Saturday in a New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) matchup at Grant Field.
October 21, 2018
Score: Becker 10, Dean 0
Records: Becker (6-8, 3-1 NECC) | Dean (1-11, 0-5 NECC)
Bernier began the scoring for Becker with a tally in the 14th minute on a helper from Lauren Niemann (Bay Shore, N.Y.). Alexis Keohane (North Brookfield, Mass.) scored the second on an assist from Emily Iacovelli (Northbridge, Mass.) a minute later, and then Niemann found the back of the net herself on a goal in the 23rd minute. Amy Cooper (Monument, Colo.) wrapped up the half with a goal in the 29th minute to head into the half ahead 4-0.
The second half featured two additional goals for Bernier (46th and 65th minutes), and a second tally from both Cooper (47th minute) and Niemann (50th minute). Jazmye Rodriguez (Fitchburg, Mass.) and Iacovelli each recorded a goal in the frame. The six second half goals gave the Hawks a 10-0 league win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Bernier logged a hat-trick (three goals) on the occasion.
- Cooper and Niemann both finished the game with two goals and one assist.
- Iacovelli recorded one goal and two assists.
- Becker's defense did not allow one Bulldog shot throughout the entirety of the game.
- Hawk's rookie netminder, Victoria Pilpel (Germantown, Md.) earned the shutout, while Dean's Katlyn Conforti (Warwick, R.I.) suffered the loss in a 10-save performance (50% save percentage).
- Becker recorded 20 shots and 19 penalty corners on the day.
- This marks Becker's third consecutive shutout.
Becker returns home on Tuesday (Oct. 23) as they host Elms on Senior Day. The Senior Day ceremony will begin at 3:50 p.m. The game will follow at 4 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS