NEW LONDON, N.H. – The Chargers of Colby-Sawyer scored two goals in each half to defeat the Hawks of Becker College by a score of 4-0 in Saturday afternoon non-conference action.
October 13, 2018
Vietch Turf Field
Score: Colby-Sawyer 4, Becker 0
Records: Colby-Sawyer (11-4) | Becker (3-8)
Colby-Sawyer's Alie Jones (Cape Neddick, Maine) scored the Chargers' first goal of the game just 1:12 into the game following a scramble in front of the goal. 20 minutes later, Rachel Fisher (Lynn, Mass.) logged a tally and put the Chargers up 2-0.
Colleen Burke (Orange, Mass.) accounted for the Charger's third goal of the game early in the second half, and then Fisher and Jones connected for the fourth and final goal of the game five minutes later.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Fisher collected two goals, while Jones notched a goal and an assist in the win.
- Fisher was the game-leader with five shots on net.
- Becker only saw two shots throughout the entire game, one of which was on net from Alexis Keohane (North Brookfield, Mass.).
- Colby-Sawyer goalie Abby Ladd (Colchester, Vt.) had to make one stop.
- Becker goalie Victoria Pilpel (Germantown, Md.) had six saves in the setback.
- The Chargers outshot Becker 15-2 and had a 7-2 advantage in penalty corners.
The Hawks return to action on Tuesday (Oct. 16) when they will entertain Dean in a 4 p.m. matchup at Alumni Field.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS