WESTON, Mass. – Becker College's Lindsey Keith's (Sutton, Mass.) hat-trick helped the women's soccer team fly past the Newbury Nighthawks by a score of 6-0 in Saturday afternoon New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action.
October 6, 2018
Score: Becker 6, Newbury 0
Records: Becker (6-4-2, 2-1-1 NECC) | Newbury (1-10-0, 0-3-0 NECC)
Becker began the scoring in the third minute when Keith received a pass from sophomore Shannon Kelley (Bellingham, Mass.). In the 10th minute, Keith setup classmate Ciara McKissick (Charlton, Mass.) for her first goal of the season. Keith tallied her second goal of the contest with just under five minutes to go in the first half. Marissa Felter (Cheshire, Mass.) registered the helper.
Becker doubled their score in the second frame as Keith kicked off the scoring with a goal in the 62nd minute to complete the hat-trick. McKissick returned the favor and setup Keith for her fourth hat-trick of the season. Kyra Teixeira (Old Lyme, Conn.) and Meghan Ballentine (Gardner, Mass.) registered the other two goals, while Alyson Eldridge (Dummerston, Vt.) and Helena Ortiz (Memphis, Tenn.) recorded the assists, respectively.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Keith logged her fourth hat-trick of the season, while also logging her third assist of the season in the win. She currently leads the conference in goals (15) and points (33).
- McKissick picked up three points in the win with one goal and one assist.
- Becker's Lyndsey Cobb-Wilkins (Elmira, N.Y.) started in net, and did not see a shot on net in the first 45 minutes. Jordyn Martel (Chicopee, Mass.) and Jordyn Spitzley (Portland, Mich.) also saw time in goal. Martel was the lone Hawk keeper to record saves with two.
- Newbury's Noelle Sass (Randolph, Mass.) was tabbed the loss, as she stopped 22-of-28 goals on net.
- The Nighthawks' Amanda Cardoso (Watertown, Mass.) and Jahna Macnamee (Medford, Mass.) were the only Newbury players who were able to take a shot. They each had one on net.
- Becker outshot the hosts 48-3 and held an 8-1 corner kick margin.
The Hawks travel to Massachusetts Maritime on Monday (Oct. 8) for a 12 noon tilt.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS