WINCHENDON, Mass. – Franklin Pierce's Nicole Amato (Billerica, Mass.) logged a hat-trick as the Ravens defeated the Becker College Hawks 6-1 in non-conference women's ice hockey action Sunday afternoon.
October 28, 2018
Score: Franklin Pierce 6, Becker 1
Records: Franklin Pierce (4-0-0) | Becker (0-2-0)
Franklin Pierce scored back-to-back power play goals in the 10th and 11th minutes on tallies from Meg Gilbride (Braintree, Mass.) and Amato, respectively. The Ravens added one more in the 19th minute when Alli Sugar (Canton, Conn.) found the back of the net on helpers from Emily Kramer (Rockville, Md.) and Katie Neuburger (Fayetteville, N.Y.).
Becker scored their first goal of the game on a quick second period goal. Seniors Michaela Martin (Sheldon, Vt.) and Nikolle Storey (Cumberland, Maine) setup classmate Bailey Coons (Casper, Wyo.) for the 3-1 score. However, Amato completed a hat-trick as she scored two unanswered goals to complete the frame at 5-1, Franklin Pierce ahead.
The Ravens concluded the contest with a goal in the third from Haley Parker (Londonderry, N.H.) for the 6-1 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Amato finished with a hat-trick in the Franklin Pierce win. Gilbride finished the game with one goal and one assist, while Neuburger had two assists for the Ravens.
- Becker's lone goal was scored by Coons.
- Franklin Pierce outshot the Hawks, 38-17, in total.
- The Ravens capitalized on 2-of-8 power play opportunities.
- Franklin Pierce's Jessica Strack (Reading, Mass.) turned away 16 shots on net for the win.
- Despite the loss, Becker's Julia Johnson (Littleton, Colo.) was impressive, stopping 32 shots on frame.
The women's ice hockey team returns to the ice for competition on Friday as they head to the University of New England for a 7 p.m. league game.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS