DARTMOUTH, Mass. --- The Becker College men's tennis team lost 7-2 at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth at the UMD Tennis Courts on Thursday.
Score: UMass Dartmouth 7, Becker 2
Records: UMass Dartmouth (5-6, 1-1 LEC) | Becker (1-6)
How it Happened
UMass Dartmouth took control of the contest in the doubles portion as Patrick Pacheco (Fall River, Mass.) and Eli Brooks (Franklin, Mass.) defeated their opponents 8-0 before the pairing of John Fratus (Yarmouth, Mass.) and Mark Desmond (Braintree, Mass.) increased the lead, downing Emmett Smith (Freeport, Me.) and Leemar Baptista (Brockton, Mass.) 8-4.
After dropping the final doubles match, the Corsairs went on a streak of five consecutive victories with Pacheco and Desmond each toppling their opponents in straight sets. Tristin Viale (Westfield, Mass.) and Pat O'Neil (Somerset, Mass.) added to the lead with individual triumphs while Fratus notched the final point for the Corsairs in a 6-2, 6-3 performance.
The Corsairs jump back into Little East Conference (LEC) play when they travel to Rhode Island College for a 3:30 tilt with the Anchormen. Becker College will take on Wheelock in its next outing on the same day at 1 p.m.
1. Patrick Pacheco (UMD) def. Thomas Lanphear (BCM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Tristin Viale (UMD) def. Edward Seol (BCM) 7-5, 6-1
3. John Fratus (UMD) def. Emmett Smith (BCM) 6-2, 6-3
4. Mark Desmond (UMD) def. Leemar Baptista (BCM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Pat O'Neil (UMD) def. Alex Kielczewski (BCM) 6-2, 6-0
6. John Tomkowiak (BCM) def. Tommy Yong (UMD) 6-2, 2-6, 10-3
1. Patrick Pacheco/Eli Brooks (UMD) def. Thomas Lanphear/Edward Seol (BCM) 8-0
2. John Fratus/Mark Desmond (UMD) def. Emmett Smith/Leemar Baptista (BCM) 8-4
3. Alex Kielczewski/John Tomkowiak (BCM) def. Pat O'Neil/Tommy Yong (UMD) 9-8 (10-4)