Fitchburg, Mass. --- The Becker College men's soccer team lost 2-1 to Fitchburg State University in non-conference action Saturday morning at Elliot Field.
Score: Fitchburg State 2, Becker 1
Records: Fitchburg State (2-1-0) | Becker (0-4-0)
How It Happened
Fitchburg State grabbed the lead at the 32:37 mark of the opening frame as sophomore Shane Grenier (Gardner, Mass./Gardner) fired a shot into the upper right corner for his first collegiate tally for the 1-0 advantage.
The Falcons doubled their margin (2-0) with 56 seconds remaining in the first half when sophomore Leo Charlebois (North Attleboro, Mass./North Attleboro) struck for his first collegiate tally.
Following the break, Becker cut into the deficit in the 63rd minute of action as senior Jakob Franklin (Warwick, R.I./Bishop Hendricken) gathered a feed from junior Matthew Hillsberg (Burlington, Conn./Lewis S. Mills) and deposited a shot into the back of the net for his second marker on the year
Inside the Numbers
- This afternoon's contest marks the 15th meeting between the two teams on the pitch with the Falcons 13-2-0 all-time when taking on the Hawks.
- Fitchburg State has won the last eight contests against Becker College, including a 2-0 decision last season at Alumni Field.
- Becker held a 15-12 advantage in shots, while also holding a 6-4 margin in corner kicks.
- Freshman Isaiah McCaskill (Springfield, Mass./Springfield Renaissance) finished with game-best four shots in the contest for Becker.
- In goal, sophomore Branton Abbett (Jasper Ind./Jasper) made ten saves for the Falcons in the complete game effort, while junior Marco De Lauri (Norfolk, Mass./King Philip Regional) stopped eight shots for the Hawks in 90:00 minutes of work.
Falcons will travel to Pine Manor on Wednesday to take on the Gators for a non-conference matchup starting at 4:00 PM. Hawks will hosts the Colonels of Curry College on the same date for a non-conference tilt for a 4:00 pm start.