MEDFORD, Mass. – Becker College's Kareem Davis (Lowell, Mass.), Antonio White Jr. (Middletown, Conn.), Jamir Carr (Philadelphia, Pa.) and Mekhi Chester (East Orange, N.J.) all posted-career high's Tuesday evening, as the Hawks defeated the Lynx of Lesley College 107-85 in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action.
January 22, 2018
Medford High School Gymnasium
Score: Becker 107, Lesley 85
Records: Becker (5-13, 4-5 NECC), Lesley (1-16, 0-9 NECC)
FOR THE HAWKS
- Davis scored a career-high 40 points, going 12-for-16 (75.0%) from the field, including a phenomenal 10-for-14 (71.4%) from three-point range. Davis' ten three-pointers made breaks his own school-record of nine, set on February 2nd, 2017 at home in a 77-60 win over Elms College. He also picked up three steals and one assist in the win.
- White went 14-for-20 from the floor, picking up a career-high 33 points and his first double-double of the season as he had a game-high 12 boards on the night.
- Carr punched in a career-high 17 points for the Blue and Gray while also grabbing four rebounds, three assists, and two steals.
- Chester chipped in a career-high seven points and four boards for Becker.
- The Hawks shot 55.1% from the field and a stunning 57.9% from three-point range.
- Becker made 20-of-27 free throw shots in the win.
FOR THE LYNX
- Treyvon Trent (Virginia Beach, Va.) led his team in scoring (22 points) and rebounds (six) with three assists and one steal.
- Joey Martin (Melbourne, Fla.) went 5-for-10 from the floor with two made free throws for 13 points.
- Will Sgro (North Haven, Conn.) scored 11 points for the Lynx.
- Chase Howard (San Diego, Calif.), Tristen Reese (Durhan, N.H.), and Jordan Carter (Waltham, Mass.) each had 10 points apiece.
- The Lynx shot 51.7% from the field, and 40.7% from beyond the arc.
- Lesley took the first lead of the game 42 seconds in when Treyvon drained a three. The Lynx added to their lead on the next possession when Howard made a jumper. Becker reached the board on a White jumper on the ensuing possession, but Lesley kept the lead and held its largest lead (seven) with 14:48 remaining in the first half with a Treyvon jumper.
- Becker picked away at the Lynx's lead and eventually tied the score at 20-02 midway through the first half with a White layup. Lesley responded with a triple from Daniel O'Donnel (Clark, N.J.) but White and Chester put the Hawks back on top, and the Hawks never looked back.
- Becker led 51-36 at halftime.
- The Hawks held their largest lead (32) with 7:31 remaining in the second half following a pair of free throws from Davis.
The Hawks return home on Thursday, and will entertain NECC opponent, Eastern Nazarene, in a 7 p.m. matchup at the Leicester Gymnasium.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS