MIDDLETON, Conn. --- The Becker College men's basketball team lost 91-51 at Wesleyan University in the opening round of the Herb Kenny Tip-Off Tournament in Middleton, Connecticut.
November 16, 2018
Score: Wesleyan 91, Becker 51
Records: Wesleyan (1-0) | Becker (0-2)
FOR THE HAWKS
• Becker senior guard Kareem Davis (Lowell, Mass. / St. John's) led the Hawks with 10 points, five rebounds and two steals.
• Becker freshman guard Byron Salfran (Miami, Fla. / Miami Sunset Senior) scored a career-high 10 points in just 15 minutes of action.
• Becker senior forward Dewayne Thomas (Lowell, Mass. / Lowell) finished with nine points.
FOR THE CARDINALS
• Antone Walker led Wesleyan with 21 points.
• Wesleyan was impressive early and jumped out to a 13-0 lead in less than four minutes of play as the Cardinals went 3-for-4 from downtown during the stretch.
• They continued to increase their lead and another three-pointer from Walker gave Wesleyan a 20-2 lead at the 14:03 mark.
• The Cardinals held a 52-23 lead at the break as Walker led all players with 16 points. As a team, they shot 52.6% (20-38) from the floor and 46.7% (7-15) from behind-the-arch.
• Five players scored in double-figures for Wesleyan while Bonner posted a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Austin Hutcherson scored 12 points as well and dished out a game-high six assists.
The Hawks will play in the Tournament Consolation game on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS
Follow the Hawks all season long! Go to http://www.beckerhawks.com and follow us on Twitter: @BeckerAthletics , Instagram: @beckercollegeathletics and Facebook: @BeckerCollegeAthletics