HENNIKER, N.H. – The Becker College field hockey team saw its season come to an end on Saturday, as the first seed from the North Atlantic Conference (NAC), Thomas College, defeated the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) second seed, Becker College, 7-2 in the NAC/NECC field hockey tournament semifinals.
November 3, 2018
New England College | Henniker, N.H.
Score: Thomas 7, Becker 2
Records: Thomas (12-7) | Becker (8-10)
Thomas' Britney Gregoire (Kennebunk, Maine) opened up the scoring after she fired home her own rebound shot for a 1-0 score. In the 18th minute, Haley Thebarge (Smithfield, Maine) fired home a shot off of a set play to up the Terriers' score to 2-0. Lindsey Gregoire (Kennebunk, Maine) and Allie Gregoire (Kennebunk, Maine) both recorded tallies, just over a minute apart the 27th and 28th minutes, respectively, to make it a 4-0 game. Becker added a goal of their own with under five minutes to play in the half when Kylian Kelly (Shrewsbury, Mass.) lobbed a shot over the Terrier goalkeeper directly off a penalty corner from Abigail Leahy (Charlton, Mass.). Thomas would add another tally late with just seconds remaining in the first half, for a 5-1 halftime score.
Thomas added two more scores in just under three minutes and 30 seconds into the second half. Becker's Lauren Niemann (Bay Shore, N.Y.) ended the Thomas run but the lead was too large to overcome.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Britney Gregorie (Kennebunk, Maine) finished the day with a game-high two goals.
- Becker's goals came from Kelly and Niemann
- Thomas outshot the Hawks 26-7 throughout the game.
- The Terriers also held a 14-3 advantage in penalty corners.
- Leah Kruse (Norridgewock, Maine) would earn the win in the contest after she made one save on two shots on goal in just over 40 minutes of game time.
- Alexis Bowman (Freedom, Maine) would make one save on two shots on goal in relief.
- Victoria Pilpel (Germantown, Md.) made eight saves on 15 shots on goal in the losing effort.
KEEP UP WITH THE HAWKS